Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baby Shower Gifts

There seems to be an uptick in the number of babies in our ward. Time to get out the sewing machine. Here's a picture or two:











On the left are burp rags. I sew them like this or with an edge to it. I'll put in a picture of the edged one a little later. I told you about the diaper and wipes cover before. The bottom one is tinkle tents, or pee pee tee pees. Having a little girl first, I was in for a bit of a surprise when my baby boy was born. I didn't know the cold air hitting him would create a sprinkle. Here's the web site where I got the idea (Little Birdie Secrets):
Start with a circle 7 inches in diameter. Cut out one piece. Fold it in half, sew around except for about two inches (to turn). Clip corners and notch edges. Turn, iron (tucking in the two inches where you turned). Put two short edges together and sew, forming the tent. Turn inside out. I put four in a bag and stapled a tag at the top. (Hmm, better get a picture done of the last part. I'll get back to you later...) Oh, and later for a fleece blanket and tool to put holes in for crocheting, too...

1 comment: