Friday, August 27, 2010

Flashback Fridays

I was just remembering today about touring Washington D.C. when I was about nine years old with my family. My memory is about how my parents acted so enthusiastically whenever we got to a monument and told us how amazing they were and we should be proud of our country.  But I'm glad they were enthusiastic because I remember those monuments now with good memories and feelings of awe.

When the moon landing took place I was around 12 years old. My mom made me come in from the back yard and told me I had to watch, that I would regret it if I didn't watch. At my age a little bit of rebellion was kicking in and I remember thinking that I would not be mad at myself if I didn't watch it. But between you and me, I'm glad I watched. So thanks, mom and dad, for the enthusiasm. Faked or real. It's appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment