Fiddling around online I found zillions of tutorials for diaper/wipes covers. I did mine as just a band around the wipes and diaper, and added Velcro and an elastic/button enclosure.
Here are the supplies:
Here is the finished product:
I guess I didn't get a picture with the Velcro showing. I sewed about 2 1/2 inches lengthwise under the cover (as you would look straight down onto the top of it). I added Velcro so that the number of diapers can be adjusted and the cover will still close.
The cover is five inches wide and 17 1/2 inches long. There are two layers sewn together and then topstitched. The elastic is added before sewing together. As you can see from the first picture, the most colorful elastic I could find was really childrens' headbands. They seem to work great. Marty suggests that the button is sewn on through both layers of fabric for strength, but then the underside isn't so pretty. Kerry suggests making one layer terrycloth or cloth diaper fabric, making an instant burp cloth, too. Don't forget to throw in a shopping bag for diaper disposal.